Pascal Prokop decided to install a wood burning stove inside his car where a passenger seat would normally be. BoingBoing.
Here's a new wood working project (experiment) on my list. I've never tried to warp wood like this and it looks like fun.
The steps appear to be:
- Cut 3 slits in a block of wood (about 1 inch wide)
- Boil water and soak the end of the block so that one tooth is submerged. For how long? Probably 5 minutes...
- Take the block out of the water and squeeze the single tooth with a vice until it is flat.
- Let the block stay in the vice for 2 days to harden.
- Take the block out and drill a hole through the two middle teeth.
- Insert a long nail.
- Put the block back into boiling water (the smashed tooth side).
- Set the block aside for 2 days to harden back into the original position.
- Sand everything until it looks pretty.
- Step back and wonder why you did this. Smile.
• • •