- Press WIN_KEY + R
- Type regedit, then hit ENTER
- Set or change the DWORD value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Authentication\LogonUI\Background\OEMBackground to 1
- Rename your picture file to backgroundDefault.jpg
- Copy your picture to %windir%\system32\oobe\info\backgrounds directory. If info\backgrounds doesn't exist you may have to create those directories. Tip: Press WIN_KEY + R, then enter the above path. This should open explorer for you.
- Log off or reboot your machine to see your new authentication/logon background.
Here is an impatient guide for changing the background image on your login screen on Windows 7.Note: The image file you use should be a .jpg file and it should be less than 256 KB.
Here are some experiences I've had with my ThinkPad Edge laptop that are evidence Lenovo has destroyed a quality product line. This is not necessarily a review, but a list of the reasons why I will not be buying a Lenovo laptop in the future. Screen - The highest point of user interaction. A slow processor can be ignored, but a bad quality LCD is a constant reminder of bad quality.
- The viewing angle is too narrow on the LCD panel causing extreme color and contrast loss if the screen isn't perfectly perpendicular to the viewer's line of sight. Even when it is, the edges of the screen are out of the viewing angle and are either washed out or lack contrast. The shimmering while adjusting the screen is horrendous.
- Lack of contrast and color range of LCD. The default display brightness, contrast, and gamma must be adjusted immediately out of the box to see anything properly.
- Extremely pixelated display and relatively low resolution ceiling (1366x768)
- Auto dimming for the log in screen is horrible. Sometimes it doesn't dim at the log in screen. Sometimes it stays dimmed until long after you have opened your session. Not only that, it resets your dim setting back to bright. So, every time you log in you need to adjust your screen brightness with the F7/F8 keys. Balls.
I just created a section on 8BitRobot for media and added some public domain(wiki) pictures. View the Images: Public Domain PicturesThe gallery will increase as more pictures are found from public domain sources, scanned, and uploaded. Feel free to use the images! Many are prints of Ancient Greece, Ancient Egypt, and the Renaissance.
I've created a new tool to create new and random words. Instead of getting a generic list of random words, this tool lets the user choose from sets of characters for each letter of the generated word. Not only that, Asian letters like Hiragana and Hangugeo can be used. How sweet is that? The tool also has a mutation field, where the user can supply a word that will be changed into a similar random word. This thing can be used to find a good domain name, company name, or even baby name! Now that I think of it... you could also create some interesting new words for a fictional language (like Klingon!). I created it for myself, but feel free to use it: Random Word Generator ToolNote: You might also find the Name Filter Tool interesting too.
- If you wanted to search for names that start with John, the search definition would be: John~
- If you wanted to search with names that start with M and end in T, then you would search for: M~t
- If you wanted to search for names that started with a consonant and were followed by a vowel, consonant, then vowel, then you would search for: !@!@~
- If you wanted all names that were six letters long, you could search for: ++++++
Launch date is now.
POSTED • 2011-05-20 18:14:34 • CATEGORY • INFO • TAGS • none
• • •