After one hack to many, I've decided to abandon my WordPress installation on Dreamhost and create my own lightweight replacement. WordPress is just too large a target for hackers and comment spammers making a small blog a chore to maintain and backup.
Thus, Filestack was born. It's an open source, Apache 2.0 licensed, blog platform built on Django.
Here's it's raison d'être:
- Easy content storage with files (back up is painless)
- Single user
- Basic CMS features: Scheduled publishing, Categories, Tags, etc...
- WYSIWYG HTML editor
- No destructive actions, like content deletion, available via HTTP
- Quick serving of a WordPress export file
- Themeable and with Django templates
- File upload helper
- Encapsulated Django app with quick installation
You can find the source code on GitHub.